The objective of the Center for Social Data Structuring (CSDS) is to promote empirical studies for solving various social issues and develop a research infrastructure for policy making based on empirical data by preparing social survey data, official microdata, and social big data and making them available for several applications.
The Center conducts R&D on the structuring of social data, promotes joint use of data, and fosters human resources for data science. We are currently developing three projects: a social survey related project, an official microdata related project, and a social big data related project.
Further, the Center is conducting joint research related to the three projects through the Collaboration Program implemented by the ROIS Joint Support-Center for Data Science Research (ROIS-DS).
The Center is currently promoting the following three projects
- Social survey related Project
- Data collection through the formation of a nationwide joint survey network and the preparation and publication of social survey data.
- Official microdata related Project
- Preparation of official statistical data, development of a joint use system, and R&D for an online data analysis system and onsite laboratory.
- Social Big data related Project
- Developing a real-time social change prediction system and training big data experts.
Collaboration Program at ROIS Joint Support-Center for Data Science Research
- Collaboration Program at ROIS Joint Support-Center for Data Science Research
- We are inviting joint research proposals on an annual basis in the form of “ROIS-DS-JOINT,” with the aim of providing a wide range of collaborative research opportunities to researchers and others throughout Japan.